The Progressive Truth

Monday, December 18, 2006

The 2006 Weblog Award Winners

Congratulations to all the winners of the 2006 Weblog Awards. I'm still shocked that even in TPT's infancy (just around 6 days old), we were not a finalist in one of the categories! Nonetheless, I digress, so based on 526,974 votes cast in 45 categories over 8 days of voting in early December 2006, here is a shortlist of the winners for The 2006 Weblog Awards (go to their website to view all the winners and finalists):

Categories
Best Blog: Daily Kos
Best New Blog: Lesbian Dad
Best Individual Blog: Lileks
Best Humor Blog: Sadly, No!
Best Comic Strip: Least I Could Do
Best Online Community: FARK
Best Liberal Blog: Think Progress
Best Conservative Blog: Little Green Footballs
Best Centrist Blog: The Moderate Voice

So, I was surfing through the categories and checking out blogs and links that I was not familiar with (which was quite a few) when I came across the Video Of The Year Category (The Diet Coke and Mentos video was the winner). One of the video finalists was a "Free Hugs" video. It's a powerful video accompanied by an equally powerful song. I thought I would share it with you (We'll consider this 'The Song of The Day'):

FYI, here is some information about the Free Hugs Campaign.