The Progressive Truth

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

GOP Consultant: Sometimes It's "Accurate" To Call A Woman A "Bitch"

From TPM Election Central and TP

During yesterday’s Democratic primary coverage on CNN, Jeff Toobin criticized a New York Times column that published a joke about Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) being a "white bitch". "I think it’s appalling, but I think she’s absolutely right that there has been a level of sexism," said Toobin. But CNN contributor Alex Castellanos, who is also an adviser to Sen. John McCain’s (R-AZ) campaign, disagreed, saying that some women deserve to be called a "bitch":

If I can disagree, I think you’re dead wrong. She’s dead wrong. And I think she thinks her problem is she’s a woman. Her problem is she’s Hillary Clinton. And some women, by the way, are named that and it’s accurate.