The Progressive Truth

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Rick Santorum Equates Same-Sex Marriage to Incest (Again) and Out-of-Wedlock Birthrates


Man-on-dog Ricky Sanatorium (R) has once again equated a loving same-sex relationship to incest and equates same-sex marriage to skyrocketing birthrates in Norway. Ricky authored a rant today in the Philadelphia Inquirer regarding the California Supreme Court ruling allowing gay marriage. From TP:
Sanatorium: Look at Norway. It began allowing same-sex marriage in the 1990s. In just the last decade, its heterosexual-marriage rates have nose-dived and its out-of-wedlock birthrate skyrocketed to 80 percent for firstborn children.

[...]

Is anyone saying same-sex couples can’t love each other? I love my children. I love my friends, my brother. Heck, I even love my mother-in-law. Should we call these relationships marriage, too? Marriage is and always has been more than the acknowledgment of the love between two people.

And poor whiddle Ricky wonders why he got his arse handed to him in the 2006 elections. Anywhoooo, can someone explain: 1) What does out-of-wedlock birthrates have to do with gay marriage? 2) What does a loving same-sex couple have to do with incest? Is this the right-wing vision for "love"? Sickos. Really. Sick, sick, sick.....